Monday, June 9

No Hot Water...or cold.

Rusty and I are pretty easy going when it comes to the constant struggle we have with our water heater. We have solar pannels on our roof that are supposed to heat our water, and when those don't kick in due to cloudy weather we have a flip switch...a pricey flip switch. When things aren't just right you can imagine our showers are pretty quick.

A few days ago we would have been happy to have cold warm hot or a combonation of any of the three. I got home form work and went to the beach to escape the summer heat. After a swim and a little nap I went home to get dinner ready. No water! It's funny how when your power goes out, (seems like a common occurance here in Hawaii), you still try and flick on the lights every time you go into a room. Well the same thing happens when your water is out. Its crazy how often we use water for the simplest things. Brushing your teeth, dishes, rinsing my hands after handling food, washing hands before preparing food, and of course showering after the beach.

I couldn't go to bed in my "condition". So rusty and I in the true spirit of the North Shore went for a night swim. After our swim we walked down to Sharks Cove (5 min walk) and took a shower in our bathing suits at the beach shower. Good times. The next morning we had water again. The End.

8 comments:

Heather Capener said...

=( sad, no water, that would be hard, but I like your fun story/experience. Walkin down to Shark's Cove for showers. Funny. I love Hawaii. Always something new!!

Julie Burns said...

nice.... I HATE not having hot water...it would totally suck to not have any water, and me and alan cant jsut walk to the beach lol

Lindsey Graves said...

Yikes! That sounds terrible! You guys are troopers for using the public showers :) Next time give us a call, we're right up the street and that crazy business has never happened to us.

M. said...

oh no! but... way to be resourcefuL??? :) OH, I met one the other part of yours and kakis 3some, her sister is in my ward. She is so nice... better go visit her in NZ and take me too!

Jennifer said...

Life wouldn't be worth living without hot water! You are so funny, showering at the beach:-)

RuSty and LaLa said...

Lindsey...I just assumed you guys were out of water too. Thought I might see you down at the showers...
Mel I can't believe you met
La Nae. Was she just visiting her sister Carly I think it is? Good times. I do want to visit her.

Ryan and Megan said...

Oh man, I miss you guys!!!

Erin said...

so hillarious! I love that you just took a night shower. I would have just gone to bed...but you are much smarter than me! I hate hawaii and the fact that the power ALWAYS goes out.